SHORT STAY (1 WEEK) 5 DAYS TEACHING (20 hours) + 1 DAY TRIP
- 1 week of English lessons in Birmingham, UK
- School trips and activities for you to discover something more about British culture
- Daily excursions to other places of interest around England
- Full board accommodation and bus pass (valid in Birmingham)
- Flexibility in organizing your stay in Birmingham, in order to offer what suits you the most
- Complete assistance by our qualified staff
WHAT WE OFFER
- WHO IS OUR WEEKLY COURSE FOR?
- THE EXPERIENCE
- EDUCATIONAL OFFER
- BECOMING FAMILIAR WITH ANOTHER CULTURE
- EXCURSIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE BOURNVILLE COLLEGE?
WHO IS OUR WEEKLY COURSE FOR?
Our 1-week programs are fit for high schools.
Minimum age suggested: 16 years old at the arrival in the UK
Groups: min. 16 people (teachers included)
Bournville College in Birmingham is part of South & City College, one of the main schools in the city.
It is a public institution for pre-university students aged 16-18.
From September to June.
Our program for schools aims to improve your students’ skills through 20 hours of lessons delivered by native language teachers, as well as introducing them to a new culture. They will discover the second city of England and some aspects of the British culture.
Full board accommodation in British certified host families or in hotel (double or triple rooms), depending on the availability and on the students’ age (families can host students who are 15/16 years old or more).
ACCOMMODATION IN HOST FAMIILY: breakfast and dinner are consumed at home, while your host will provide you with a packed lunch.
IN HOTEL (breakfast included): lunch is consumed at the college’s canteen. For dinner, we rely on a series of restaurants and pubs that offer typical food.
EDUCATIONAL OFFER (20 hours/week)
Day 1: induction + explanation about British school system and culture + tour of the college
From Monday to Friday: 4 hours of English lesson per day with native language teachers. On request, the program can be structured around sectorial themes, such as technical jargon.
If possible, students could spend some hours attending courses with their English peers, therefore having the opportunity to follow a typical British lesson.
The rest of the day, the group will discover Birmingham and its main attractions guided by our tutors.
Each school can choose among different proposals, in order to build together with us the best program for your students and their studies (See section 8).
During your week in Birmingham, you will visit another city, as well (You can choose one of the list in section 8).
BECOMING FAMILIAR WITH ANOTHER CULTURE
Your group will be welcome in an authentic British college with native language teachers and students.
During your stay, students can have access to all the facilities offered by Bournville College (library, computer and learning zone, gym and cinema room).
We really want them to dive into a new environment, discovering a different culture. For this reason, students will consume most of their meals in pubs or typical restaurants (if accommodated in hotel) or at their host families’.
EXCURSIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Here is our offer for activities and excursions:
- Guided tour of the city centre (included)
- Visit to the new Central Library of Birmingham & Shakespeare Memorial (included)
- Visit to the Canals (included)
- Visit to Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery (included)
- Tour of the University of Birmingham with its Barber Institute of Fine Arts and the Lapworth Museum of Geology (included)
- Afternoon trip to Stratford-Upon-Avon by train (included)
- Afternoon trip to Coventry by train (included)
- Visit to the Millenium Point and the Think Tank Museum (extra – around £10/person)
- Guided tour of the BBC (extra – beetween £7 and £10/person)
- Visit to the Aston Hall, a Grade I listed Jacobean house (extra – between £3 and £6/person)
- Visit to the National Sea Life Centre (extra – £14/person)
- If possible, show at the theatre or football match at the stadium (extra – depending on availability and on the show)
- Cinema night (extra – £3/person)
Day Trip (Choose one) (Included):
- Liverpool and Chester
- Bath and Worcester
- Stratford-Upon-Avon + The Cotswolds Hills (Broadway and Bourton-on-the-Water)
Due to the limited time, unfortunately we will not be able to take you everywhere.
We ask you to tell us what you would like the most, in order to create a tailor-made program.
We will try to do our best!
With regard to flights to and from UK, this will be your school’s task.
The transfer to and from the airport will be organised and arranged by our staff.
Accommodation in host family: €470/person for a group of 15 students + 1 teacher for free
Accommodation in hotel: €600/person for a group of 15 students + 1 teacher for free
The prices include:
- One-week full board accommodation in hotel or certified host families
- 20 hours/week of English lessons by native language teachers
- Educational material
- Excursions and activities
- One day trip
- Bus pass for Birmingham
- Train tickets (if you choose to go to Stratford and/or Coventry)
- Transfer from/to any airport in England-UK
- 24/7 assistance by our qualified staff
- A tailor-made program and complete assistance while you get ready for the trip and during your stay.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE BOURNVILLE COLLEGE?
We care about our students and their education. For over 10 years we have been working to offer high qualitative standards, achieving various acknowledgments by Ofsted and British Council, just to mention a few. Our reputation is well established, and we look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful college, where you can really compare yourself with the environment in which English young people study and live.